Anyone who touches the customer experience can drive loyalty with one powerful skill: rapport-building.
When you can build and maintain rapport with customers, you ensure they’ll come back, buy more and possibly send other customers to you because of basic human behavior. Customers:
- want to talk to people they like
- share information and emotion with people they like
- buy from people they like
- feel loyal to people they like, and
- will want to introduce people they like.
While it’s important to build rapport with new customers just to establish a relationship, it’s equally important to maintain or improve rapport as time goes on.